Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My new Layla's!

My local drugstore had some awesome sales on Layla polishes last week so I had a mini shopping spree!

I love that Layla has so many different finishes/effects and they make for quick manis since most don't require a base or top coat. The only thing that I don't like is that some of the polishes don't have a name on them so I did some looking around and *hopefully* have found the correct names!

Mirror Effect in the color 02 Cosmo Lilac, I really like the color of this, its a very pretty frosty lavender but it shows every ridge and imperfection even after using their recommended file and I was hoping that the finish would be a bit more reflective.

Ceramic Effect in the color 52 The Butterfly Effect. This one is a dark blurple base with flakies that flash mostly a coppery pink and then a bit of green if you are in the right light.

Hologram Effect in the color 03 Retro Pink. I already owned a few of their hologram polishes and I love them!

Softouch Effect in the colors 02 Golden Touch, 05 Cherry Diva, 06 Limoncello, 09 Aqua Zen. These polishes are so interesting and look completely different in the shade vs. sun. They are supposed to have a much longer wear time compared to most suede/matte but I haven't had it on long enough to know if that's true.

Bubbly Effect in the color 02 Black Forest. Still on the fence if I like this or not. I first tried it over white and hated it but I think it looks pretty good over the pink in my pictures. It's difficult to get the same thin layer over each nail so that they all look the same but I think with some practice it will keep looking better each time. I think next time I will try it over turquoise.

I took pictures in the sun and in the shade for the ones that looked very different and for my swatches I used 3 coats except for the bubbly effect which is one very thin coat over OPI Strawberry Margarita.





























No comments:

Post a Comment